Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Matthew 28:19-20

So the school year has officially begun :) I am so excited to be here in New Jersey! I have definitely fallen in love with Seton Hall. Even though the campus is so small, there are a few places on campus that are so quiet and still, I can escape to work for a while.

Team life is a challenge, but a wonderful one that I wouldn't trade for the world. I love Terry and Caitlyn. I shared with my whole team a story of myself and my calendaring tendencies. In case you all didn't know this, I love to schedule things! I always own at least 3 planners and when I get stressed, I make another one from computer paper. We were all able to laugh at this, but even sharing this small thing has helped my team understand me. And I am definitely being challenged to take initiative and go with the flow regarding chores. My family would always schedule chores, but Terry and Caitlyn are more go with the flow. Therefore if I don't jump on certain chores, someone else ends up doing them and I feel like I am not pulling my weight. It has been an interesting transition, but I know God put me with my team to help me grow in sanctity.

I have officially asked three returning student leaders to be my mentees...and they all said YES! :) I know, I know, there was a very small chance that they wouldn't, but it was still exciting. 
The one in the middle is my mentee and she mentors the other two! 
The two women on the right are my mentees and the third from the left is mentored by the woman on the far left. On the right is a SHU alumni and a former student leader.
 I am so excited about working with these women! I am planning get to know you trips with each of them. Pottery and the Met are on the agenda so far. They are going to be so amazing this year! I am so blessed to get to walk with them. Please keep them and their mentees in your prayers. I will also be taking over two Bible studies with upper classmen in them. One for juniors with about 7 women and another with 3 seniors. This week is the monumental task of trying to coordinate schedules with all of them. But I trust that God will provide the time.

Other than these three and the other student leaders, I have made good friends with two juniors, a sophomore, and two freshmen. I know God has amazing plans for the two juniors and I. He has already opened doors and broken down barriers allowing us to grow so close in such a short period of time. Of the two freshmen, one is excited to join a Bible study while the other is pretty against it. Keep both of them in your prayers during this time of transition.

A girl who I would not have expected told me today that she was definitely planning on going to SEEK2013. I was literally through the roof. As many of you know, the FOCUS National conference plays a big role in my personal testimony. Five days surrounded by 7000 of your closest friends all continuing their relationship with Jesus Christ - no wonder students walk away changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment